Brooklyn Public Library's online book discussions encourage people to talk about books over the Internet. The discussion allows for debate and the sharing of ideas related to books. To participate in the discussion, simply click on the "comments" link at the bottom of a post and submit a comment.
The following are terms and conditions for posting a message to the online discussion. BPL reserves the right to refuse to post any messages in violation of these guidelines:
- Messages are for public viewing and should not be addressed to an individual.
- Messages should be about the topic currently being addressed in the discussion.
- Messages should be respectful and friendly, without personal attacks. Messages that harass, threaten, or incite violence will not be posted.
- Profane, vulgar, or offensive language is prohibited.
- Advertising and solicitation is prohibited.
- Personal information such as e-mail addresses and phone numbers will not be posted and cannot be solicited.
- Posting more than a brief quotation from copyrighted material without permission from the author is prohibited.
The discussion content should not be construed as an endorsement of the views of Brooklyn Public Library. BPL reserves the right to edit or refuse to post any material, in whole or in part, that does not meet these guidelines. BPL reserves the right to make changes to the guidelines at any time.